Toronto Ontario Travel Accommodation: Choosing a Bed & Breakfast
Bed & Breakfasts are an inexpensive way to stay in Toronto, Brampton and the surrounding area, and provide you the opportunity to see how Toronto locals live. Most are members of the Federation of Ontario Bed & Breakfast Accommodation, and all are required to be licensed by the City. Here are some of their more important standards:
- All Bed and Breakfast hosts are required to provide:
- a high standard of cleanliness
- good quality furnishings and linens in guest rooms
- an adequate number of bathrooms with sufficient hot water and high quality fixtures
- a breakfast of consistently high quality which is included in the room rate
- provisions for the safety and fire protection of guests consistent with provincial guidelines
- friendly guidance and assistance to guests about local attractions and places of interest
- All hosts shall have a reasonable deposit and cancellation policy.
- All hosts are required to carry adequate liability insurance.
- All hosts shall comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- All hosts shall provide accommodation, services and meals consistent with their own advertising.
- All hosts shall respond to guest complaints either verbally or in writing.
- All hosts agree to confer with the Complaints Committee of FOBBA regarding resolution of complaints.
- All hosts agree to implement any recommendation of the complaints committee.
- Failure to implement the recommendations of the Complaints Committee will result in withdrawal of the Federation Certificate of Membership.